"Inflation targeting will be here for many years," Mboweni told reporters. "Anyone that tries to change the economic policy basis will be in trouble."
Mboweni's assurances came amid concerns that the Reserve Bank would face pressure to drop its 3% to 6% target range and reduce interest rates, wh
- Is the pursuit of a common accounting standard for monetary gold a fool’s errand?
- European Court of Justice overrules ECB on French banks’ leverage
- Malaysian central bank reshuffles senior staff
- FSB launches crypto asset monitoring framework
- Communication strategies too weak to ‘pierce veil of inattention’ – research