Mr Stevens has been tipped as the person most likely to replace governor Ian Macfarlane who retires in September. Mr Warburton finished his second and final five year term on the board in 2002.
"Whoever they choose, I'm sure, will be a good choice, but I have a lot of faith in Glenn," Mr Warburton said.
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- After the Congress – Interpreting China’s new development concept
- ECB will ‘accelerate efforts’ to tackle staff concerns after second survey
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- Do not discount central bank digital currency yet – Lagarde