The Central Bank of Russia (CBR) intends to expand the list of paper involved in the refinancing mechanism with 'securities of non-rated borrowers', according to the Russian newspaper Kommersant. "This should make life easier for second- and third-tier banks," CBR first deputy head Alexei Ulyukayev said.
In addition, starting in October, the CBR intends to downgrade its requirements for securities left as a deposit by two levels. The measures will allow the CBR to raise the amount of paper it
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations