Central Banking

MTS sees JGB volume soaring with electronic deals

The start of an electronic inter-dealer brokerage system for Japanese government bonds (JGBs) will bring a huge increase in trading volumes, MTS Japan Securities CEO William Campbell said in an interview.

The system goes live on Jan. 26, and the company will be competing with traditional JGB brokers who rely mainly on voicebox, phone and fax in transactions. MTS Japan Securities is an offshoot of Italian brokerage MTS SpA, which provided 30 percent of its capital. The other 70 percent was put

Only users who have a paid subscription or are part of a corporate subscription are able to print or copy content.

To access these options, along with all other subscription benefits, please contact [email protected] or view our subscription options here: http://subscriptions.centralbanking.com/subscribe

You are currently unable to copy this content. Please contact [email protected] to find out more.

To continue reading...

You need to sign in to use this feature. If you don’t have a Central Banking account, please register for a trial.

Sign in
You are currently on corporate access.

To use this feature you will need an individual account. If you have one already please sign in.

Sign in.

Alternatively you can request an individual account here: