The government has persuaded some of the country's 23 provinces to sign up to spending cuts.
The cuts are a prerequisite if it is to get $3bn from the International Monetary Fund (IMF) to back its hopes for a debt swap and buy more time to repair the fractured economy.
Without it, the country is unlikely to be able to meet its interest p
- Bank of Mexico admits $15.2 million went missing in cyber heist
- Is this the beginning of a new era of credit risk management technology?
- Argentina rescue advances as emerging markets suffer outflows
- BoE research says digital currency would ‘strengthen’ policy transmission
- Artificial intelligence: The future of regulation?