The rate cut was the seventh this year by the Bank's Monetary Policy Committee and followed a half-point rate cut by the U.S. Federal Reserve earlier this week which took benchmark U.S. lending rates to 2.0 percent.
Industry leaders had called on the MPC to cut rates by a half-point but mos
- Bank of Mexico admits $15.2 million went missing in cyber heist
- Is this the beginning of a new era of credit risk management technology?
- Argentina rescue advances as emerging markets suffer outflows
- Artificial intelligence: The future of regulation?
- Norges Bank does not rule out launching digital currency