The Bank of Thailand earlier this month decided to allow commercial banks to re-book, as revenue, monies previously set aside for bad loan provisions. Before this month, banks were only allowed to count as revenue part of the sum set aside.
"Banks in November 2000 cou
- James Bullard on 2% rates, tariffs and Fed leadership
- Turkish central bank raises overnight rates in bid to stop lira’s fall
- Podcast: David Hendry and John Muellbauer on empirical macro
- Argentinian central bank takes drastic action over currency crisis
- Policies must change to stop emerging markets crisis, analysts say