The rise ratchets lending costs to 11%.
Tito Mboweni, the governor of the Reserve Bank, said inflation was set to worsen from previous central bank forecasts, but would fall below the 6% upper limit of the central bank's target range late next year.
"Food and energy prices have maintained pressure on inflation and these pressures are expected to persist i
- Trump criticises Fed over rate rises and threatens higher tariffs
- Implementation of new Sofr rate is “ahead of schedule”, says Fed vice-chair
- Central bank digital currency a ‘terrible idea’, US Congress told
- MAS strengthens use of data to combat financial crimes
- RBA paper modifies DGSE to include housing sector