The Real-Time Gross Settlement (RTGS) system to be launched by the Bank of Japan on January 4 will be used to settle fund transactions in the bond and money markets, shifting from current settlement three times a day.
The aim is to reduce current risks of counterparty defaul
- Next financial crisis “will be brewing” in shadow banking – Bullard
- James Bullard on 2% rates, tariffs and Fed leadership
- Policies must change to stop emerging markets crisis, analysts say
- Brian Wynter on Jamaica’s inflation-targeting transition
- Argentinian central bank raises large banks’ reserve requirements