The central bank has been wary of introducing a formal inflation target but is mulling a softer goal to improve transparency after it returns to a conventional interest rate policy, the reports said.
The reference rate would be the rate of consumer price inflation deemed desirable to help achieve sustainable economic growth, Jiji quote
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations