Roth said bank should tighten internal governance rules, which he said were essential to avoid traders taking reckless risks. Banks should reform their pay structures in the wake of the subprime crisis.
"For a financial centre like ours - which includes international ba
- Trump criticises Fed over rate rises and threatens higher tariffs
- Implementation of new Sofr rate is “ahead of schedule”, says Fed vice-chair
- Central bank digital currency a ‘terrible idea’, US Congress told
- MAS strengthens use of data to combat financial crimes
- Philippines considers boosting central bank capital