"We don't think it is going to be discussed but surprises should never be ruled out and we would be ready to discuss it if it came up," a senior German government source said.
The two candidates to emerge so far to succeed Noyer, who steps down at the end of May are Belgian
- Treasury committee to investigate BoE’s lack of diversity
- Canada’s Project Jasper to explore clearing of securities in third phase
- Bank of Portugal sells majority share in ‘good bank’
- Fed’s Powell: banks still have important role in payments
- Xi sees renminbi taking greater role in global monetary system