The decision is in line with market expectations, with most analysts predicting that the Fed would postpone raising rates for now so as to let the US economic recovery gather momentum.
The US central bank last year cut interest rates by 4.75 percentage points in a bid to stave off recession.
But with the economy now showing signs of str
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- CFTC’s fintech catch-up effort includes ‘global sandbox’ push
- Quarles: yield curve flattening not “likely” a signal of recession