The decision is in line with market expectations, with most analysts predicting that the Fed would postpone raising rates for now so as to let the US economic recovery gather momentum.
The US central bank last year cut interest rates by 4.75 percentage points in a bid to stave off recession.
But with the economy now showing signs of str
- James Bullard on 2% rates, tariffs and Fed leadership
- Turkish central bank raises overnight rates in bid to stop lira’s fall
- Podcast: David Hendry and John Muellbauer on empirical macro
- Policies must change to stop emerging markets crisis, analysts say
- Next financial crisis “will be brewing” in shadow banking – Bullard