In a speech at the Frankfurt stock exchange, Mr Eichel proposed significant new powers for the Bundesanstalt fur Finanzdienstleistungsaufsicht, the recently formed watchdog for financial markets.
The package of measures will be crowned by plans to create an accounting taskforce empowered to conduct snap audits at
- Trump criticises Fed over rate rises and threatens higher tariffs
- Banks tend to game stress tests, Fed economists say
- Implementation of new Sofr rate is “ahead of schedule”, says Fed vice-chair
- Central bank digital currency a ‘terrible idea’, US Congress told
- MAS strengthens use of data to combat financial crimes