It is the sixth month in a row that rates have been held at this level - their lowest level for 38 years.
The Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) made its decision after figures showed that manufacturing was still struggling to recover from a downturn.
No sign of an upturn
David Hillier at Barclays Capital s
- Auditors find ‘flaws’ in ECB’s crisis management framework
- Home truths on Europe’s NPLs
- Central banks lack ‘firepower’ to combat financial crises, says report
- Economists need to better understand macrofinancial links – BIS paper
- Ukrainian bank owners carried out ‘co-ordinated fraud’, forensic audit says