Reduced borrowing costs will assist the government in achieving its 6.3% economic growth target.
Commercial lenders confirmed that they would certainly plan to reduce their rates to reflect today's move. Economists say the rate cut would boost lending
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations