Deputies from the Jordanian Parliament demanded on Wednesday 17 September that the government should sack the Central Bank governor of his duties for "haste" and his "unilateral" decision to freeze accounts of Islamic resistance movement Hamas and other organizations in local banks.
In a memo sent to Lower House Speaker Sa'd Hayil al-Surur, 70 deputies out of 110 expressed their wish to see CBJ Governor Umayyah Tuqan discharged from his post for "recklessness in making the
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- China’s macroeconomy in the ‘new era’ of politics and power
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Fintech in the ‘new era’ – Sustainable and sound development