He added South Korea did not expect a panic situation.
Rhee Gwang-ju, head of the Bank of Korea's international department, made the comment by telephone, Reuters said, soon after the won plunged 1.5 percent to a six-week low against the dollar, following the nuclear test report.
- James Bullard on 2% rates, tariffs and Fed leadership
- Turkish central bank raises overnight rates in bid to stop lira’s fall
- Podcast: David Hendry and John Muellbauer on empirical macro
- Argentinian central bank takes drastic action over currency crisis
- Policies must change to stop emerging markets crisis, analysts say