Consensus exists among officials that a central counterparty is needed, but there is disagreement about where it should be located and how broad its geographical scope should be.
"There is a debate over whether it matters [that the counterparty] is in the European Union (EU),
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations