Greece, whose central bank governor Lucas Papademos is front-runner for the job, had said EU leaders would discuss the issue at their two-day meeting but officials and diplomats said on Friday the topic came up only on the sidelines.
This means the favoured venue to pick the successor to C
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- ECB will ‘accelerate efforts’ to tackle staff concerns after second survey
- After the Congress – Interpreting China’s new development concept
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- Do not discount central bank digital currency yet – Lagarde