In his post-meeting comments, Trichet did little to hint that the 21-member Governing Council had shifted its stance at all, again emphasising that maintaining price stability in the medium term was their "primary objective" and that a firm anchoring of medium to longer-term inflation expectations "is of the highest priority."
"Notably the council continue to see the outlook for
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Fintech in the ‘new era’ – Sustainable and sound development
- China’s macroeconomy in the ‘new era’ of politics and power