Speculation is growing that a candidate will be put forward by the government for a seat left vacant by the retirement of Finnish member Sirkka Hamalainen.
The Department of Finance has declined to comment on a possible candidate.
However, Irish finance minister Charlie McCreevy said last year that all eurozone countries should have a seat on the board in due c
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Fintech in the ‘new era’ – Sustainable and sound development
- China’s macroeconomy in the ‘new era’ of politics and power