At the end of December 2000, the Exchange Fund had HK$1,023.4 billion of assets, representing an increase of 2.1% over a year before. During the year, the Accumulated Surplus of the Exchange Fund grew by 5.6%, from HK$290.9 billion at the end of December 1999 to HK$307.1 billion at the end of December 2000.
Profit for the year, after deducting for the inte
- Auditors find ‘flaws’ in ECB’s crisis management framework
- Home truths on Europe’s NPLs
- Central banks lack ‘firepower’ to combat financial crises, says report
- Economists need to better understand macrofinancial links – BIS paper
- Ukrainian bank owners carried out ‘co-ordinated fraud’, forensic audit says