"Squaring off the forward book indeed represents a significant milestone and has allowed us to finally successfully deal with one of the sad consequences of an unfortunate part of the country's apartheid past," Mboweni said.
"An old chapter has closed. A new chapter of building our reserves as
- Bank of Mexico admits $15.2 million went missing in cyber heist
- Is this the beginning of a new era of credit risk management technology?
- Argentina rescue advances as emerging markets suffer outflows
- Artificial intelligence: The future of regulation?
- Norges Bank does not rule out launching digital currency