The clarification comes after a switch to a new representation of interest rates, announced on 16 May, caused some confusion amongst member of the broader public. Policy interest rates for the island economy are now represented as a 13.3% nominal interest rate, instead of 14.25%, which is the corresponding annual rate of return.
- EU stress tests should follow US example – EBA chairman
- Podcast series: central banking in the post-crisis world
- Central banks should challenge risky fintech projects – Carstens
- Research project weighs bold plans for cross-border payments
- Sri Lankan central bank tackles ‘large and persistent’ liquidity deficit