In a regular assessment of the Hong Kong economy, the IMF said the smooth functioning of the link will depend on good fiscal policies, flexible markets, large foreign exchange reserves and a robust financial system.
The IMF said in a statement the peg is the "best option" for Hong Kong but noted "the exchange rate regime
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- CFTC’s fintech catch-up effort includes ‘global sandbox’ push
- Quarles: yield curve flattening not “likely” a signal of recession