In a regular assessment of the Hong Kong economy, the IMF said the smooth functioning of the link will depend on good fiscal policies, flexible markets, large foreign exchange reserves and a robust financial system.
The IMF said in a statement the peg is the "best option" for Hong Kong but noted "the exchange rate regime
- Is the pursuit of a common accounting standard for gold a fool’s errand?
- World’s largest SWF bars investment in four companies for guideline breaches
- Bank of Jamaica’s Wynter on the path to inflation targeting
- BoE minority staff score lower in first diversity survey
- Vietnam says it is “actively prepared” to intervene in forex market