Volcker told the US Congress's Joint Economic Committee on Tuesday that the "natural corollary" of the Fed's bailout of Bear Stearns and the extension of eligibility for discount-window lending to investment banks was to make the central bank responsible for supervising such institutions.
- EU stress tests should follow US example – EBA chairman
- Podcast series: central banking in the post-crisis world
- Research project weighs bold plans for cross-border payments
- Central banks should challenge risky fintech projects – Carstens
- Sri Lankan central bank tackles ‘large and persistent’ liquidity deficit