Volcker told the US Congress's Joint Economic Committee on Tuesday that the "natural corollary" of the Fed's bailout of Bear Stearns and the extension of eligibility for discount-window lending to investment banks was to make the central bank responsible for supervising such institutions.
"It seems inevit
- Fintech in the ‘new era’ – Sustainable and sound development
- China’s macroeconomy in the ‘new era’ of politics and power
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Rising rates seen as main risk by reserve managers
- ‘Regulatory equivalence’ not enough for post-Brexit UK CCPs – Cœuré