At present the Spanish central bank has 54 branch offices. The aim is to have one branch office for each autonomous region, with the exception of certain regions which will have two.
The closures have been planned for years, reports El Pais, but they were suspended ahead of the arrival of the euro. The closures will affect some 340 workers who, according to the Bank of Spain, will take early
- Fintech in the ‘new era’ – Sustainable and sound development
- China’s macroeconomy in the ‘new era’ of politics and power
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- ‘Regulatory equivalence’ not enough for post-Brexit UK CCPs – Cœuré