Del Cueto's nomination needs to be approved by the country's congress before he can join Banco de Mexico's governing board.
The nomination of Calderon's first choice for the post, former deputy finance minister Carlos Hurtado, was rejected in March after opposition legislators accused him of increasing spending on government posts under Vi
- Bank of Mexico admits $15.2 million went missing in cyber heist
- Is this the beginning of a new era of credit risk management technology?
- Argentina rescue advances as emerging markets suffer outflows
- Artificial intelligence: The future of regulation?
- Norges Bank does not rule out launching digital currency