A spokesman of the central bank, quoted in Reuters said that China will open Shenzhen, Shanghai, Dalian and Tianjin in which all restrictions on foreign banks in handling RMB business will be removed at the time of accession. At present foreign banks remain restricted to operating in ports such as Shanghai, Shenzhen and Tianjin.
China will open Guangzhou,
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- After the Congress – Interpreting China’s new development concept
- ECB will ‘accelerate efforts’ to tackle staff concerns after second survey
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- Do not discount central bank digital currency yet – Lagarde