"The People's Bank of China has not approved any trial operations of private banks," a central bank spokesman said. "Without the central bank's approval, all trial operations are illegal."
A newspaper said last week that "experiments" with setting up private banks in five cities -
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- CFTC’s fintech catch-up effort includes ‘global sandbox’ push
- Quarles: yield curve flattening not “likely” a signal of recession