``We cannot wait until risks have materialized,'' Mersch, 54, said in an interview in Luxembourg, where he has been central bank president for six years. ``Though inflationary expectations are at or below 2 percent, they have inched up a little.''
The ECB aims to keep the annual rate of consumer price increases just belo
- Central bank digital currency a ‘terrible idea’, US Congress told
- People: Olli Rehn enters office as Bank of Finland governor
- Podcast: David Vines on how to reform the DSGE model
- Infrastructure financing not harmed by post-crisis reforms – FSB
- Trump criticises Fed over rate rises and threatens higher tariffs