The amendment consolidates the supervisory powers of the central bank over the banking sector and introduces some tougher requirements on commercial banks' board members and auditors, a central bank spokesman said.
"The law should strengthen powers of the banking supervision...However, it does not go into some technical de
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- ECB will ‘accelerate efforts’ to tackle staff concerns after second survey
- After the Congress – Interpreting China’s new development concept
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- Do not discount central bank digital currency yet – Lagarde