Although the Fund said that the new rules were not aimed at any one country, it has been widely interpreted as being intended to pressurise Beijing to allow the yuan to rise faster.
The central bank said that China had expressed reservations about the decision which "does not fully reflect developing countries' opinions". Egypt and Iran are al
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- After the Congress – Interpreting China’s new development concept
- ECB will ‘accelerate efforts’ to tackle staff concerns after second survey
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- Do not discount central bank digital currency yet – Lagarde