The Reserve Bank today left the Official Cash Rate unchanged at 4.75 per cent.
Reserve Bank Governor Don Brash commented "This decision reflects a balancing of risks between a domestic economy that seems rather more buoyant than we expected at the time of the November 2001 Monetary Policy Statement and continuing weakness offshore.
"As expected in November, growth in the economies of our trading partners has
- EU stress tests should follow US example – EBA chairman
- Podcast series: central banking in the post-crisis world
- Central banks should challenge risky fintech projects – Carstens
- Research project weighs bold plans for cross-border payments
- Sri Lankan central bank tackles ‘large and persistent’ liquidity deficit