Speaking to the House of Lords economic affairs committee in London, Brown said the bank should not tolerate threats to its target to keep inflation to 2 percent a year. He also said he'd press oil producing nations to pump more oil.
``We are and will continue
- Auditors find ‘flaws’ in ECB’s crisis management framework
- Home truths on Europe’s NPLs
- Central banks lack ‘firepower’ to combat financial crises, says report
- Economists need to better understand macrofinancial links – BIS paper
- Ukrainian bank owners carried out ‘co-ordinated fraud’, forensic audit says