He said the ECB is ready to act in a "firm and timely manner" to counter these risks, but it cannot precommit to future rate moves.
"In the opinion of the ECB governing council the outlook for price developments in the medium term remains characterised by upside risks," he said in an interview with four European newspapers.
He said ECB
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- Central banks: the economy’s emergency responders
- CFTC’s fintech catch-up effort includes ‘global sandbox’ push