The closure follows a revelation last week that CFX had made a $115 billion loss this year. This has been blamed on fraudulent accounting used to conceal losses at Century Bank, which merged with CFX in May.
CFX petitioned the central bank for the return of its statutory reserve funds last week in an attempt to rebuild
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations