"After a rocky start to the job, this is a modest coup for the Fed chairman, and reinforces a sense that Mr Bernanke is becoming more assured in his communications with the market," the article says.
"Many analysts point to Mr Bernanke's assured performance in his July testimony to Congress
- Podcast: San Fran Fed’s Daly on gender inequality in central banks
- Turkish central bank carries out emergency rate hike as currency falls
- Swift starts work on pan-European real-time payment connectivity pilot
- Dudley calls for ‘aggressive action’ on benchmark reforms
- Strike halts Australian banknote production