The central bank said it would leave its reserve targets at Yen 10,000bn to Yen 15,000bn and keep monthly buying of Japanese government bonds at Yen 1,000bn.
The nine-member board decided unanimously to maintain its ultra-loose monetary policy, which has driven interest rates to near zero and provided massive liquidity to banks in the past year to buoy t
- James Bullard on 2% rates, tariffs and Fed leadership
- Podcast: David Hendry and John Muellbauer on empirical macro
- Argentinian central bank takes drastic action over currency crisis
- Turkish central bank raises overnight rates in bid to stop lira’s fall
- Policies must change to stop emerging markets crisis, analysts say