The central bank said it would leave its reserve targets at Yen 10,000bn to Yen 15,000bn and keep monthly buying of Japanese government bonds at Yen 1,000bn.
The nine-member board decided unanimously to maintain its ultra-loose monetary policy, which has driven interest rates to near zero and provided massive liquidity to banks in the past year to buoy t
- Central banks may be thinking wrongly about inflation – Borio
- European Commission announces supervisory agency reforms
- Bank of Russia will be able to handle fallout from failing banks, analysts say
- Riksbank outlines three visions of ‘e-krona’
- All central banks may have to consider crypto-currencies – BIS