The Economist Intelligence Unit has said that continued economic weakness into next year will leave emerging nations having to restructure debt to avoid defaulting on loans.
"Developments in the global economy will influence the risk of further debt restructuring in emerging markets in the short term," the EIU said.
The unit rated Turkey and
- World’s largest SWF bars investment in four companies for guideline breaches
- ECB needed better data in 2008 crisis, says Lautenschläger
- Brazilian government must respect central bank independence – IMF
- Seychelles must act fast on money-laundering, says central bank
- Is the pursuit of a common accounting standard for gold a fool’s errand?