UK newspapers reported that the central bank now holds a 1% stake in Prudential, an insurer, making it one of the company's top 25 investors, after purchasing the shares in the open market in recent weeks. It would not have to declare any share purchases until its stake rose above 3%.
The reports said that the move was seen as a long-term investment rather than an attempt to take over
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations