Source: Financial Times
The Bank of Japan conducted its largest ever monthly intervention in the foreign exchange markets in May, using Y3,900bn to ensure the yen did not strengthen beyond Y115 to the dollar and snap off any chance of an economic recovery before it had even begun.
The central bank's yen selling binge outstrips the Y3, 210bn used to weaken the yen i
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations