The seven-member central bank board sets monetary policy.
Economist Kurt Burneo, one of two deputy finance ministers, was elected for a five-year term at the central bank.
Congress also elected Juan Jose Marthans, an economist at the University of Lima.
The two economists were members of the team advising President Alejandro Toledo before he was elected in June
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- ECB will ‘accelerate efforts’ to tackle staff concerns after second survey
- After the Congress – Interpreting China’s new development concept
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- Do not discount central bank digital currency yet – Lagarde