One thing there was consensus about was that the move was a surprise.
"The Fed today delivered a major electroshock to the markets," said Marco Annunziata, an economist at UniCredit, a bank. "The Fed has now really stepped in all guns blazing, showing its unequivocal determinatio
- EC’s Cyprus ‘failure’ undermined Eurozone central bank independence – Demetriades
- Reserve management practices are splintering
- Female regulators increase stability of the financial system, IMF paper finds
- Booming US economy set against ‘fragile’ markets – BIS review
- BIS paper defends credit gap measure