"Japan is facing an extremely critical moment as it is finally getting out of deflation," Ota told a news conference, two days before the Bank of Japan's policy board begins a two-day meeting.
"Our most important task this year is to put an end to deflation," said Ota.
"I hope [the Bank of Japan] will support the scenario of t
- EC’s Cyprus ‘failure’ undermined Eurozone central bank independence – Demetriades
- Reserve management practices are splintering
- Female regulators increase stability of the financial system, IMF paper finds
- Booming US economy set against ‘fragile’ markets – BIS review
- BIS paper defends credit gap measure