"Japan is facing an extremely critical moment as it is finally getting out of deflation," Ota told a news conference, two days before the Bank of Japan's policy board begins a two-day meeting.
"Our most important task this year is to put an end to deflation," said Ota.
"I hope [the Bank of Japan] will support the scenario of t
- Latvian police detain central bank governor on corruption charges
- Ireland withdraws Lane’s nomination for ECB vice president
- Saudi Arabia’s Alkholifey on economic restructuring, reserves and cyber security
- Central banks mull securities lending as response to low yields
- ECB orders Latvia to shutter bank over laundering allegations