Madoff is under investigation after being arrested by the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) on 11 December, following a tip-off from his son. Madoff has been charged with fraud, had all his assets frozen and will appear in court on 19 December.
The alleged fraud, believed to involve some $50 billion, centres on the business advisory unit
- Haldane: ‘superforecasters’ could help central banks
- Trump nominates former Fed economist for board role
- PBoC launches first phase of blockchain trade financing platform
- RBNZ looking to make balance sheet ‘more resilient’ – Perry
- Demetriades on political pressures on central banks and their governors