The central bank is seeking to block bond trades that are used to make illegal foreign currency transfers, the bank said in an e-mailed statement, according to Bloomberg.
The central bank was quoted as saying it had detected alleged violations of exchange control regulations through simultaneous purchases and sales of bonds in Argentina and abroad.
- Auditors find ‘flaws’ in ECB’s crisis management framework
- Economists need to better understand macrofinancial links – BIS paper
- Home truths on Europe’s NPLs
- Central banks lack ‘firepower’ to combat financial crises, says report
- Ukrainian bank owners carried out ‘co-ordinated fraud’, forensic audit says