Now, the government is trying to calm anxieties yet again.
On Friday the Financial Supervisory Agency (FSA), the main banking regulator, announced a "three-pillared" scheme to tackle banks bad loans.
This includes better government inspections of the banks, higher bank provisions for large, troubled borrowers and an initiative to encourage banks to sell loans to a
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- After the Congress – Interpreting China’s new development concept
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- Central banks: the economy’s emergency responders
- Do not discount central bank digital currency yet – Lagarde