This step has been taken as a consequence of the terror attacks in the United States.
On 16 March 2001 regulations came into force in regard to Afghanistan, terror suspect Osama bin Laden and the organisation known as al Qaeda, which forbid any financial transactions with them.
Thus today's letter is not taking any a
- World’s largest SWF bars investment in four companies for guideline breaches
- ECB needed better data in 2008 crisis, says Lautenschläger
- Brazilian government must respect central bank independence – IMF
- Seychelles must act fast on money-laundering, says central bank
- Is the pursuit of a common accounting standard for gold a fool’s errand?